First let’s see what is SAOP. SAOP is a simple protocol based on XML which exchange information between application by HTTP. SOAP supplied a standard way for different technologies and different programming language application run on different operating system to communicate with each other. Following is some introduction of SOAP.
- SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol
- SOAP is a communication protocol
- SOAP is for communication between applications
- SOAP is a format for sending messages
- SOAP communicates via Internet
- SOAP is platform independent
- SOAP is language independent
- SOAP is based on XML
- SOAP is simple and extensible
- SOAP allows you to get around firewalls
- SOAP is a W3C recommendation
Actually SOAP has many advantages but if you try to communicate with Flex by it, you will find the speed is not satisfied. Is there any better solution? The answer is FluorineFx.AMF3. Following tutorial detail introduced how to use FluorineFx.AMF3 to instead of SOAP to communicate ASP.NET with Flex.