For a development language, it is hard to say which is good or not. But still many people interested to discussing this topic. For example it is mentioned in Flex vs. Ajax — both have their pros and cons. The Mr. Lee Brimelow has written the article Six reasons to use ActionScript 3.0 and tried to explain the advantage of the ActionScript. In fact just the first point could be accepted in my view, others I think maybe so difficult. How do you think so?
1. Your skills will be in high demand
2. Everything you build will be faster
3. There’s an abundance of new APIs
4. The display list rocks
5. The object-oriented structure is better
6. It’s more enjoyable to work with ActionScript 3.0
The whole articl is here: